With fall upon us and the air cool and crisp - I have put my apron on and started baking. Oh, how I love the smells of Fall, especially from my kitchen.
When going through my cookbook, I came across a recipe that I thought you would love. I have included it.
Roasted Apples & Cream Caramel Topped Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 small-medium baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ Cup chopped walnuts (or other nut of choice)
- Prepared Caramel sauce, warmed in microwave
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place softened cream cheese and sugar into a mixing bowl, mix until smooth.
- Place dollops of cheese over brownie batter.
- Use a butter knife to carefully swirl without dragging against the bottom of dish.
- Place butter into a large skillet over medium heat to melt.
- Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped walnuts.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour evenly over brownies.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until center of brownies are cooked through.
- Remove and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Just before serving, drizzle with caramel sauce.
A Working Wife