Monday, September 27, 2010

Sauteed Apple Recipe

Dear Friend,

It’s officially fall! You know that I love this season and all that it brings with it! I love the colors and the smells. The festivals and pumpkin patches. I love the decorations and the crispness to the air and the food! Oh, how I love the food. One of the things that really reminds me of fall is sautéed apples. I love making them and I especially love eating them! I wanted to share the recipe with you so that you and your family could enjoy some together.

• ¼ cup butter
• 4 large tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• ½ cup cold water
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large skillet, melt your butter over medium heat and then add your apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until the apples are almost tender, which takes about 6 to 7 minutes. Then, dissolve the cornstarch in water and add it to your skillet. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla and boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. The, remove from the heat and serve warm.

These are great over pancakes or ice cream but also delicious as a side dish at dinner – especially when you’re having pork. I hope that you and your family enjoy them as much as we do!

Happy Eating!

-The Working Wife

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! MY HUSBAND WAS JUST SAYING I NEED TO FIND AN APPLE DESSERT RECIPE FOR THE FALL... 9WE WENT APPLE PICKING.. AND YOU KNOW...LOL) THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM! That sounds really good, Morgan!! I will have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete