Monday, November 9, 2009

Ricochet by Sandra Brown

Dear Friend,

I just had to tell you about this new book that I read! It falls in the Suspense Genre.






Title: Ricochet
Author: Sandra Brown
Publisher: Pocket Books
Date: July 2007
ISBN-10: 1-4165-2332-4
ISBN-13: 978-1-4165-2332-1




Back Cover of the Book:
When Savannah detective Duncan Hatcher is summoned to an unusual crime scene, he knows discretion is key. Influential Judge Cato Laird's beloved trophy wife, Elise, has fatally shot a burglar. She claims self-defense, but Duncan suspects she's lying, and puts his career in jeopardy by investigating further. Then, in secret, Elise makes an incredible allegation, which he dismisses as the lie of a cunning woman trying to exploit his intense attraction to her. But when Elise goes missing, Duncan finds that trusting the wrong person could mean the difference between life and death for both of them.

Friend, this book was a good read. I only say good because I had read Sandra Brown's Smokescreen just before this one and expected something more like that. And, Ricochet fell slightly short of that expectation. The characters were not very engaging. I had a hard time sticking with the first half the book, but the last half made up for that. There were numerous twists and turns and many times when I wasn't sure whether Duncan should or should not trust Elise. It took me longer to finish it than planned, but the last half of the book was worth the extra time.

So, in short, this was a good book that I plan to read again. I hope that you will read it also!

Your Reading Pal,
The Stay-at-Home Mom


P.S. This book was bought for me by a family member.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for watching me! Next time I video blog I'll try and make it shorter. I understand we ALL have a lot on our plates.... :)

    I've always wanted to be an actress OR be a host of a morning show..Who knows maybe I can if I keep doing this...LOL!

    I say do whatever makes YOU happy!

    What book do you recommend I start with? (Of Sandra Brown) I am a writer and I love to read AND WRITE!!! Well you already know that you watched my vlog...:)

    ReplyDelete